turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why, under tax breaks does it say $1000 Other income taxes. I never paid any tax in 2016. Not sure why I cant edit or delete this. How do I get rid of it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why, under tax breaks does it say $1000 Other income taxes. I never paid any tax in 2016. Not sure why I cant edit or delete this. How do I get rid of it?

the "Other Income Taxes" value also includes the total withholding for both state and federal (and local) on any W-2 or 1099 forms you entered in the Wages&Income area....so it may not be anything extra that you added in.  Add up all your withholding manually and see if it matches (Fed + state +Local)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

4 Replies

the "Other Income Taxes" value also includes the total withholding for both state and federal (and local) on any W-2 or 1099 forms you entered in the Wages&Income area....so it may not be anything extra that you added in.  Add up all your withholding manually and see if it matches (Fed + state +Local)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Don't worry about those review or summary screens.  Just make sure your actual return is right.  

You can (and should) preview your return.   To preview your Online return, go to My Account at the top.  Then Tools, then View Tax summary.  Then you can click on Preview My 1040 at the top.    OR click Review near the top of your screen, and then click Summary right below it.  Then Near the bottom of the We Guarantee Your Maximum Refund screen, click the Preview Return link.    

To see all the forms you have to pay the fees first.   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302322">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302322</a>

Thank you. Will I be able to make changes after I pay for service and before I send to IRS. ?

Yes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies