Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will extensions forms be available? I was informed it would be available March 18th, but it is now the 19th. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When will extensions forms be available? I was informed it would be available March 18th, but it is now the 19th. Thank you.

5 Replies

TurboTax Easy Extension for e-filing an extension, will not be available until March 22, 2018. 

Other Related Topics:

Can you please provide an update? Easy Extension is still not available 3/26.

It's working now. There are just a couple workarounds. Try in a different browser from the one you are using; usually Chrome works. If not, try Firefox. You may need to also clear browser cache/cookies and then try steps below.

The file an extension link under "Manage your returns" is not working properly and still being investigated by the developers right now.

So when you log into your TurboTax account, click Tax Home to the left (do not click Take me to my return) and then look in the bottom left corner above Sign Out and click File an Extension there instead.

Or try going here <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/</a> and click File a Free Extension and use your TurboTax information to log in and go through steps from there.

Thank you so much for your response. It was giving me an error yesterday but worked today. Very helpful workarounds.

You are welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies