turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I send a1040-ES to IRS when I make payment online? or Making direct Payment is enough? I filed 2018 return by TurboTax and have an estimated tax amount by them.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Should I send a1040-ES to IRS when I make payment online? or Making direct Payment is enough? I filed 2018 return by TurboTax and have an estimated tax amount by them.

When you pay estimated taxes online, you do not need to send form 1040-ES to the IRS. When entering your payment online, make sure to indicate that the payment is for estimated taxes (1040-ES) for 2019.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

When you pay estimated taxes online, you do not need to send form 1040-ES to the IRS. When entering your payment online, make sure to indicate that the payment is for estimated taxes (1040-ES) for 2019.

so then, the form 1040-ES itself is the document to help us calculate how much are estimated tax will be, and the voucher is for paying by mail. Is this correct? Thank you very much.
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Yes.

Thank you so much for your help. You helped me to make it all clear. appreciate it.
MinhT
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies