Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8889- Part 1, Line 1 it wants me to indicate whether I had high-deductible coverage, I didn't! HELP Do I need to just delete this form? It won't let me pic none.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 8889- Part 1, Line 1 it wants me to indicate whether I had high-deductible coverage, I didn't! HELP Do I need to just delete this form? It won't let me pic none.

6 Replies

Do you have a HSA? Did you or your employer contribute to a HSA? If so, you need to have been enrolled in a HDHP. Otherwise, the answer you select is irrelevant.

Ok, so if I have an HSA (which I do this year) my insurance plan is automatically considered a HDHP?  I think that is what I am confused about.  So earlier on it asked me if I was enrolled in an HDHP and I selected No, I should have said yes?  This is all foreign to me!  I'm really confused and regretting having an HSA.

And if it was my son and I on our coverage do I select Family then?
Thanks for the help!

Chances are if you have a HSA through employment it is supported by a HDHP. You may want to double check with your employer. Yes, self plus one or more others is a family plan.

Thank you ghost, I will!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies