turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Vin17

How do I add a password using an iMac for a return that I already started, but did not originally create a password?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I add a password using an iMac for a return that I already started, but did not originally create a password?

Thank you for using Turbotax

Go to file menu. and select encrypt option.You will be prompted with password dialog

View solution in original post

6 Replies
gkruben

WHAT IS THE ANSWER
Vin17

Open the tax return and then click "File" on your computer menu bar, select "Encrypt" and you will be prompt with password dialog.

Thank you for using Turbotax

Go to file menu. and select encrypt option.You will be prompted with password dialog

kduffy1a

This does not work. Following instructions, created password for a file. Upon reopening TurboTax Home & Business and opening file, it does not prompt for password.

@kduffy1a - There is a check box on the password screen that says "Remember this password (add to keychain)".

If checked then the Mac keychain will automatically supply the password so you do not need to type it.  That is a Mac feature and has nothing to do with TurboTax.   Use the Mac "help" menu to learn about keychain and how to remove unwanted entries.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Vin17

Open the tax return and then click "File" on your computer menu bar, select "Encrypt" and you will be prompt with password dialog.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies