Taxpayer received 1099 Misc for non-earned income. How do I keep SE taxes from being applied? Thanks to anyone who can help.

What exactly was 1099-MISC for?

You appear to be a tax preparer. If so, be advised that TT is not licensed for your use.

You can report it as other income on Form 1040 line 21. But if the amount in box 7 is greater than $400 the IRS may disagree with your non SE tax income choice ... be prepared to defend your choice. Here's how to enter it in TurboTax.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab.
• Click Wages & Income.
• Click "I'll choose what I work on."
• On the screen "Your 2014 Income Summary," scroll all the way down to the last section, "Less Common Income."
• Click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C."
• On the next screen, "Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income," scroll down and click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Other reportable income."
• The next screen asks, "Did you receive any other taxable income." Click Yes.
• On the next screen, "Other Taxable Income," enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
• On the next screen click Done.
The income will be reported on Form 1040 line 21 with the description that you entered.