AllHope09_

Taxes

I filed like I always with your guys. Scan my W2 and I double check to make sure everything is correct. I was due for a certain amount and the IRS adjusted it saying something about a depend. I’m single no children, filed as single and never had an depend since I was able to file. Can never get a hold of the IRS since they so “busy”. What can I do ? 

NateTheGrEAt

Taxes

Hi AllHope09_

Sorry to hear you got a letter from the IRS. I know that can be frustrating. 

I would recommend contacting one of our TurboTax Live Experts. They can help you review the notice and understand what the IRS is saying. Use the following link. 

TurboTax Support Contact Us Page – Get Help from TurboTax (intuit.com)

Experts are available from 5 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday. Be sure to have the notice the IRS sent to you, available when you call. We'll help you get it figured out!

NateTheGrEAt

Taxes

Hi AllHope09_

Taxes

That is one of the list of generic reasons they give if they changed the Recovery rebate credit on line 30.  How much is on 1040 line 30?

Did you receive the full amount for both the first 2 Stimulus payments?  Better check your 1040 line 30 and see if an amount is listed.  That's been a problem.  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payments or got the second one after you filed.  Or you might have answered the Stimulus questions wrong and tried to claim it again or some more on line 30.  So the IRS took it off because you already got it.  They know they sent it to you.

AllHope09_

Taxes

I received a letter in the mail saying they weren’t taxing the stimulus payments. All of this is so confusing. Never had any issues filing my taxes until this pandemic. 

Taxes

The Stimulus payments are not taxed.  But you might have tried to get them again as a credit on line 30.   Did you already get the 1,200 for the first Stimulus and 600 for the second round?   How much is on your 1040 line 30?

Suhi1965

Taxes

would like to do my taxes online

Taxes