Solved: Taxes for Lawn Mowing? My 19 year old son and full time college student received a 1099-misc from a lawn mowing job earning $4605. Is there a way to not pay taxes?

Taxes for Lawn Mowing? My 19 year old son and full time college student received a 1099-misc from a lawn mowing job earning $4605. Is there a way to not pay taxes?

My 19 year old son and full time college student received a 1099-misc from a lawn mowing job earning $4605.  He also had another job that took taxes out and he received a w-2.  Is there any way to not have to pay taxes for the lawn mowing?

Unfortunately, there's not.  He'll need to report both the W-2 and 1099-MISC on his return, and will be liable for self-employment tax on the 1099-MISC income.