turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rrvnv2014

Taxes done, filed ext, taxes set for pmt Apr 15 Chcked bnk accts, no wdr so far end-day 16. Says taxes zeroed, I owe nada? How can I be sure paid by TT? 20 yrs with TT

Finished 2018 taxes (home and business version), filed an extension (printed forms) and set taxes to be paid Apr 15.  Checked my bank accounts and no withdrawal so far.  When I go to my TT 2018 file it says that my taxes are zeroed out and I owe nothing.  How can I be sure they are paid by TT?  Cannot get hold of IRS/State Tax because over 1 hour wait each time.  Have had TT for some 15-20 years and only this year I am worried.  And who pays penalty?  RR Vanier

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Taxes done, filed ext, taxes set for pmt Apr 15 Chcked bnk accts, no wdr so far end-day 16. Says taxes zeroed, I owe nada? How can I be sure paid by TT? 20 yrs with TT

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1.     Open your return if it’s not already open.

2.     On the [Your name], your 2018 federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.

3.     On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.

4.     On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.

5.     On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2018 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.

6.     The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

Related Information:

·         How do I review the federal refund method I chose after filing with TurboTax Online?

·         What is Adobe Reader? Where do I get it?

When will my tax payment go through?

(If you’re filing your taxes on April 15 and are having direct debit issues, go here.)

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy April 15, 2019 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 15, 2019 and you selected April 15, 2019 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Related Information:

How can I prove that I e-filed before the April 18, 2018 deadline? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies