dtwallis77

Taxcaster shows an estimate of $13,000. I'm done with my taxes using Turbo Tax and it shows $9000. Any idea why a $4,000 difference?

Kat

Several users have pointed out this discrepancy this year.  TurboTax Moderators have pointed out that TaxCaster is simply an estimate, and does not include all of the intricacies of the TurboTax programs.  Additionally, the tax law changes that are being incorporated into the 2018 programs have likely not been fully assimilated into TaxCaster.  Programmers are focusing on the actual TT programs at this time, as one would expect.

Sorry for the confusion!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Kat

Sorry for the confusion!

Kat

@dtwallis77 A new FAQ has just been published about this:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4531198-taxcaster-doesn-t-match-turbotax">https://ttlc.intuit.com/...>