• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtwallis77

Taxcaster shows an estimate of $13,000. I'm done with my taxes using Turbo Tax and it shows $9000. Any idea why a $4,000 difference?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Taxcaster shows an estimate of $13,000. I'm done with my taxes using Turbo Tax and it shows $9000. Any idea why a $4,000 difference?

Several users have pointed out this discrepancy this year.  TurboTax Moderators have pointed out that TaxCaster is simply an estimate, and does not include all of the intricacies of the TurboTax programs.  Additionally, the tax law changes that are being incorporated into the 2018 programs have likely not been fully assimilated into TaxCaster.  Programmers are focusing on the actual TT programs at this time, as one would expect.

Sorry for the confusion!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Several users have pointed out this discrepancy this year.  TurboTax Moderators have pointed out that TaxCaster is simply an estimate, and does not include all of the intricacies of the TurboTax programs.  Additionally, the tax law changes that are being incorporated into the 2018 programs have likely not been fully assimilated into TaxCaster.  Programmers are focusing on the actual TT programs at this time, as one would expect.

Sorry for the confusion!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@dtwallis77 A new FAQ has just been published about this:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4531198-taxcaster-doesn-t-match-turbotax">https://ttlc.intuit.com/...>
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v