turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gfc

Tax History Report

Why does this year's Tax History Report only show the year 2019?  Last year the report showed 2017 and 2018.  I thought TurboTax carried over info from year to year. Tax History Report indicates "5 Year Tax History".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Tax History Report

It would have previous years in the 5-year Tax History if you transferred-in the file from last year.  

Did your Personal Info and other comparison or carryover items from 2018 transfer into your 2019 return?

Are you using Online TurboTax (web version) or the desktop software (CD/download)?

If you're using Online TurboTax, the info from the prior year file should have transferred in automatically when you started your Online return IF you are in the SAME account as last year.

If you are using CD/download software, when you start a new return it would have searched your computer for the *.tax2018 data file. If it found it, it would have asked you if you want to transfer-in the file from last year.   If it doesn't find it, there is a "browse" link to point TurboTax to the location of the prior-year data file.

Tax History Report

I have the Premier Download version. I started a 2019 return but I did not transfer in the 2018 data. Now I have started another return and do see my tax history, so thanks for the info. 

Now, is there any way to combine those two returns or do I need to go through and enter all my data in the new return?

@mesquitebean 

Tax History Report

Sorry, but there is no way to combine/merge two 2019 returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies