turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

System won't let me file with foreign address. I paid $ 160+, to file sends me back to info to put in a U.S. mailing address (which then changes my return!). What now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

System won't let me file with foreign address. I paid $ 160+, to file sends me back to info to put in a U.S. mailing address (which then changes my return!). What now?

Are you trying to pay the TurboTax fees with a credit card that does not have a US mailing address? If so, you can't do that and that may be why you can't enter the foreign address.  If you have a friend in the US that you can use their credit card, you could enter that and charge the fees.

If this is not your situation, use the help at this link for how to enter a foreign address: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-enter-a-foreign-address-in-turbotax/...

Hi Roger, Thanks for reply, payment ok with my U.S. credit card/my mother's U.S. address. No problem.   My foreign address is on my return as I have resided abroad for many years. All well with return, then I click "start" to file and  systems says I  did not fill outaddress when I did (foreign country, Italy, etc. ) so I can't continue. I did as you show on the link from the beginning. Thanks

You can try contacting TurboTax support directly for help: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

Thanks Texas Roger!  I hope it will be possible to speak to someone or just get it solved when they are open 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies