turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I input my cost for attic insulation, central air conditioning, and a new energy efficient boiler from a natural gas conversion. After all that, it says my credit is $0.

Possible I made a mistake?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I input my cost for attic insulation, central air conditioning, and a new energy efficient boiler from a natural gas conversion. After all that, it says my credit is $0.

Those credits were not extended for 2018 ... the only reason that section is still in the program is because there is a rumor that  it may be retroactively restored and possibly made permanent ... but until Congress gets off it's backside and gets the laws passed we sit and wait. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Those credits were not extended for 2018 ... the only reason that section is still in the program is because there is a rumor that  it may be retroactively restored and possibly made permanent ... but until Congress gets off it's backside and gets the laws passed we sit and wait. 

Well that's unfortunate. Horrible time to be a first time home owner I guess haha. Thanks for the quick answer.

Super pissed about this. Could claim an $800 credit if it was extended.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies