Nireac1

Stimulus check deposited in wrong/closed bank account

So back in 2018 I filed taxes with the account I was using at the time and on 4/11/2020 I did my 2019 taxes with the current bank I have, I checked the get my payment and it said the money was sent to the old account :( is there anything I can do to get my stimulus ? I’m highly frustrated with this news 

fanfare

Just like with a regular refund, if your bank account is closed, IRS will have to mail you a check instead.

KathrynG3

Yes. Champ @fanfare is correct. 

• If the account closed is a bank account, the IRS will issue a paper check to the address on file.

Since your 2019 tax return has been filed, the IRS will have the updated information for the future.

Visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@Nireac1

Nireac1

Thank you guys for the responses, So it’s too late for them to deposit/transfer digitally into the new account?

zenbyte

I had this same exact problem. I did my taxes on 3 April and it still went to my old closed account from 2018 instead of the updated account information for 2019. Very frustrating trying to find out anything. Have you had any luck?

Shanowa5

I need help finding my stimulus check

Piink26

So how do they know if your direct deposit information is old and you need them to just send a check for the stimulus check?