Stimulus 2020 question related to Spouse SSN

Hi,

We missed the 1st Stimulus and 2nd Stimulus amount since me and my Spouse filed our 2019 taxes jointly using her ITIN. But, now my Spouse has received her SSN in Jan 2021. can we use the SSN to file our 2020 taxes and will my spouse be eligible to get back the 1st and 2nd stimulus amounts she missed in 2020. Thanks.

Yes, you can use your spouse's SSN to file your joint 2020 tax return. As she received her SSN before 04/15/2021, she will be entitled to both stimulus payments. You can now claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.