shuman31

Stim Submission rejected by IRS (code REJ_STIM). Can't find resolution to the code on turbotax and I cannot "clear all" bc it is already filed. How do I fix my rejection?

Did you already file a 2019 return ?   If so you cannot ALSO file a Stimulus Registration return. 

shuman31

No.

I originally filled out my return to find out that it could not be filed. I then filled out and filed the stimulus registration.

Shalana1021

Did you get this solved? I'm having the same problem and can't figure out the solution. No help with turbo tax

ozzydattic23

Did you guys find a fix for this Rejection Code? 

Reject Code REJ_STIM

First you cannot have already filed a 2019 return the "stimulus registration program" will reject the second filing.

If you have not filed AND do not need to file AND are not on SS then you can try using the IRS option instead ...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

3 IRS NON FILERS.jpg

shuman31

Yes... I have the free turbo tax but there was an option where a rep could call me. he walked me through checking every single step i had filled out to find what was missing. (for me, i had already filled out my taxes but wasn't able to file. he helped me find that a 1099 wasn't filled out, but i didn't even have one, so he helped me delete it.) i was then able to file my stimulation application via mail. So I'm sure yours isn't the exact same problem, but hopefully a phone representative can help you find the little issue? Oh good luck to you :(

shuman31

Ozzy:

Yes, mine was a missing space in my taxes (that i hadn't filed, but had filled out months ago). good luck to you :(

JackieBx812

I’m having the same issue. There’s a 1099-int that is blank but I don’t have any 1099 to put in.  How did you delete it? @shuman31 

shuman31

For me, there was a garbage can to the right of the button that said "edit" or "revisit" or something like that.

ozzydattic23

UPDATE!!! 10 days later!!!

So today once again IRS rejected both Federal, and State Returns with the same "Error" code... I tried contacting TurboTax Couldn't get a hold of anyone.... google search... nothing.... YouTube forget it.... this forum was a bit helpful so thanks, this issue made me go back to smoking cigarettes and start collecting dollar bills for my form of entertainment, which my wife doesn't know about. After a cool brew, and a box of cigarettes and the wife tearing me a new one (since she suggested to use H&R Block) but after my "no one tells me what to do! attitude,  I bust out my laptop (Betsy, she's an oldie but does what she cans) from the closet, and began to file with H&R Block. After just one minute of efiling my return I received a text!!!... a sound of a horn from an iphone I love to hate, (see the wife wanted to switch from Samsung to iPhone hmm... anyways....) I grabbed the iphone, opened imessage and BANG!!! "Congrats! The IRS accepted your return..." All in a matter of minutes!!! not Days, while writing my sob story I just received another message... hang on!.... Boomer!!! "Congratulations! The California state tax office accepted your return" I was about to blame Covid-19 and 2020 on this mess, but it seems that H&R Block got it together! Salud my friends and if you're still waiting for your taxes to be accepted,  I would highly recommend putting some cold ones in the cooler, open a can, drink until you can convince yourself the IRS will accept your return in days rather than minutes. Or file somewhere else!

Mypupbarks

Same issue. It keeps rejecting it and and telling me I am missing info and a blank 1099-INT keeps popping up after I already deleted multiple times.  
Has anyone fixed this?

Thinking about trying H&R Block like the previous person did.