mark17

Starting Turbotax Premier - but it doesnt appear that it is pulling in last years return. It also did not import my W-2 from my company which should be a partner. Help!

SteamTrain

1) IF you are using ONLINE Turbotax, you have to be logged into the exact-same UserID you used for last year's tax return.

2) if you are using Desktop software, you must have the 2017 tax datafile (  .tax2017 file extension )  on that computer system's hard disk....and then you must select that 2017 datafile as the transfer-in file right at the very start of a NEW tax return.....cannot be done alter.

3) W-2 ...those are never imported automatically.......you initiate the import yourself in the W-2 section.  IF you can't get the import to work, you just use your paper copy and enter the information manually form your paper copy.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*