Son filed his tax returns and I am claiming him as dependent. He checked the box that someone can claim you as a depend on his return. our e-file was rejected.

jbusch01

Shoud we just file by mail?

AlanT

Yes, you must file by mail to claim him as a dependent.  You will also need to file an amended income tax return for him to make sure the box is checked that someone can claim him as a dependent.  

fanfare

since he checked the box, you are REJECTED for some other reason.

some reasons can be fixed and others can't.  File by mail is the simplest solution.