turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pjlomita

I uploaded my Form 1095-A (Affordable Care Act). I noticed that the annual total that Turbotax calculated was $3.41 less than what my 1095 states. Why?

5,899.41 vs. 5,896.00    Probably not an issue but I don't understand why the difference.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I uploaded my Form 1095-A (Affordable Care Act). I noticed that the annual total that Turbotax calculated was $3.41 less than what my 1095 states. Why?

The monthly premiums were rounded, resulting in this slight difference.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

The monthly premiums were rounded, resulting in this slight difference.

ldylou

So if the amount TurboTax calculated is off by $5.00, do I need to override the amount to make the IRS happy?
ldylou

Maybe TurboTax should let us put in the totals that we have on the 1095a rather than calculating it by rounding up or down each monthly premium separately and then calculating the total.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies