turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So I signed my tax return over to my mom an now I'm unable to cash it, it was a check due to I don't have a bank account how do I fix this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Jimesa

So I signed my tax return over to my mom an now I'm unable to cash it, it was a check due to I don't have a bank account how do I fix this

Yes, even if it has been signed over to your mom, many banks will still let you process it for deposit to an account that is in your name. Please make sure to speak with the bank FIRST about how to properly proceed. Rest assured, they have experienced your situation before!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jimesa

You can always go to your local bank or credit union and open a Checking or Savings account then use this check as your initial deposit. Remember to ask at the bank (explaining your situation) before you begin the process.

Even if it's been signed over, I'll talk to a bank about it
Jimesa

Yes, even if it has been signed over to your mom, many banks will still let you process it for deposit to an account that is in your name. Please make sure to speak with the bank FIRST about how to properly proceed. Rest assured, they have experienced your situation before!

Thank your for your knowledge
Jimesa

You are very welcome! I happen to have a banking background!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies