Solved: So I got married and when I changed my name at social security office I didn't receive the new one. I am now divorced. Should I put my married name on my tax return?

So I got married and when I changed my name at social security office I didn't receive the new one. I am now divorced. Should I put my married name on my tax return?

You'll want to use the last name that appears on your most recent Social Security card.  When you submit a tax return electronically, the IRS matches the last name, the SSN and the date of birth.  If any of these three fields do not match their records, the return is rejected and you must correct the information before resubmitting.  The IRS data will match your most recent Social Security Card information.