Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lzh65178

So I filed all my taxes with my local cpa, TurboTax can only file previous year and are unable to assist the other years, can I still get my refund from TurboTax? Because I didn’t file anything,

I did not file anything or mail anything through TurboTax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

So I filed all my taxes with my local cpa, TurboTax can only file previous year and are unable to assist the other years, can I still get my refund from TurboTax? Because I didn’t file anything,

What other years do you need?  Did you use the CPA for 2019? You can use Turbo Tax for 2016-2019.  For 2019 you can either use the online version or buy the Desktop program.  For 2016-2018 you have to buy the Desktop program.  What year do you need a refund for?  What did you buy?

Not quite sure what you are wanting to do--what refund are you seeking from TurboTax?  The only year that can be prepared and e-filed using the current online software is 2019.  You say you did that with a local CPA.

Any earlier years must be prepared using desktop (CD/download) software and must be filed by mail.  TurboTax desktop software is available for 2016, 2017 and 2018.  It can be used on a full PC or Mac--not a mobile device.Software for 2015 or earlier is not available.  

If you started to prepare returns using the online software for 2016, 2017 or 2018, you can still complete the returns by downloading the software, then printing signing and mailing those returns.  If you paid for the software for those years, customer support will push a download to you.

If you did not pay for the software, then the choice is yours--abandon whatever you did in TurboTax and seek tax preparation for those earlier years wherever you want to, or pay for the downloads and finish in TurboTax.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies