turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Del says "Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance" at review, but when I go back it says "Since someone can claim you, you don't have to compl

TurboTax Del says "Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance" at review, but when I go back it says "Since someone can claim you, you don't have to complete Health Insurance" and I can't complete my taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

TurboTax Del says "Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance" at review, but when I go back it says "Since someone can claim you, you don't have to compl

I have the same problem
jm4279

Me too
Antart22

This worked  great!  Thanks.

I had the same problem.  THANKS for your solution!  TurboTax should fix this glitch.
calexan

i have the same problem and the suggestion below will cause you to pay the incorrect taxes!  Don't uncheck that box.  Help Turbotax!

Calexan -- you have to go back and check that box again after you go through the Health Insurance questions.
calexan

Here is the correct way to resolve the error.  Select the View - Forms at the top menu.  From there find the Healthcare Wks. When that form pops up read through it and find the yellow boxes not checked and properly check them.  save and then go back to View  -  Step by Step.  That should fix it for you.
bjele123

I tried the suggestion from Calexan, but that did not work for me. This is a really stupid error  on Intuit's part. Using the hack from Jodyinsd allowed me to answer 2 questions and get out of the loop. After 20 years of using Turbotax, this is the first time that something this stupid and trivial is still not patched by the updates as of early March.
mrmjg45

I agree with bjele123. same exact experiences. intuit should have fixed or never had issue in the first place
jodyinsd

Figured it out!!  Go back to Personal Info section and uncheck the box stating that they can be claimed on another persons tax return. Then go to health insurance tab and answer the questions, press continue/next. Then run error check and you should be out of loop now. Now go back to Personal Info and correct the claim dependent infirmation back. Run Smart check snit should all be fixed. 

FiveK

Thanks jodyinsd.  Intuit should still fix the problem so this runaround isn't needed.
jodyinsd1

You are welcome.  When I first ran into this problem, I called Intuit and was on the line with someone for about 45 minutes with no resolution.  They said I needed to talk to their tax advice people and the wait was going to be 36 minutes on hold.  I said "no thank you" and told them that this is a software issue, not a "tax advice" issue.  Hopefully, they will see this and get it fixed.  But, in the meantime, we have to be smarter than the software!  HA!
jrtree03

So glad you documented this problem and a work-around.   We encountered the same endless loop, which I agree is NOT a "tax advice" issue.   The software should allow you the opportunity to answer the question about health care coverage, not endlessly lock in it's own assumption.
jm4279

You and we should get refunds since I was working on this for hours as well looking for a solution.  This should be fixed by Turbo Tax.  This software is supposed to be easy. Not hard to use
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies