turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Warrdawg1

I did my taxes through Turbotax online but I need to change to the desktop version to update line 1040 73D. I already paid for the online version. How do I do switch?

I did my taxes online for 2018 through Turbotax and then found out that there was an error on a W-2. I paid back tuition from a previous year to my employer when I left the company and need to put it on my 1040 Line 73D but it says I can't do that through the Online version. I already paid for the return through the online version. Is there any way to switch to the desktop version without having to pay for another return or is there a way to update that Line through the Online version? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I did my taxes through Turbotax online but I need to change to the desktop version to update line 1040 73D. I already paid for the online version. How do I do switch?

Since you have already paid for online, you should call Customer Service and ask them to place a free download of the Desktop product in your account, along with any state you need.  You can then download and install them.  You can also ask them to help you put your online file on your desktop so you can open it with the Desktop product once you have installed both federal and state programs.  Contact them here.:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

Since you have already paid for online, you should call Customer Service and ask them to place a free download of the Desktop product in your account, along with any state you need.  You can then download and install them.  You can also ask them to help you put your online file on your desktop so you can open it with the Desktop product once you have installed both federal and state programs.  Contact them here.:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies