lapebbles909

Since my husband is the only one working. Do I still have to file taxes this year? Can he just claim married 1 ?

If you are married then you should be filing a joint return.   By filing as “Married Filing Jointly” you will each get the $4050 personal exemptions and the standard deduction of $12,600 for a married couple.  (for 2017 it will be $12,700)

You can file a joint return even if one of the spouses had little or no income.

For his W-4 you can try the W-4 calculator:https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/

He can probably claim 2.  FYI - the two of you will file 1 return together as Joint.  He doesnt claim you as a dependent.  A spouse is never a dependent.  You just file Joint.  You get an exemption for each of you.  An exemption is the same as claiming a dependent.