turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lghowarah

If I include my State Tax withholding my total Deduction on Schedule A exceed $24,000, but Turbo Tax is only giving me $24,000. Why??

My total Schedule A deductions is around $30,000, but Turbo Tax is only allowing me the Standard amount of $24,000.  I don't understand why I am limited?

Thanks,

Lou H

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I include my State Tax withholding my total Deduction on Schedule A exceed $24,000, but Turbo Tax is only giving me $24,000. Why??

Solved in comments 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What is shown on Schedule A Line 17 for total itemized deduction?
lghowarah

Since it gave me the $24,000 Std Deduction, it did not create a Schedule A. What should I be looking at?

BUT there is a max 10,000 limit (5,000 MFS) of property tax and state taxes "SALT".  And you can only deduct Medical that’s over 7.5% of your AGI.

FAQ on 2018 changes <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return">htt...>
lghowarah

Thanks - that answers my question.

Solved in comments 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies