turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i remove the home heating credit from my state return i messed up and it wont let me take it off

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do i remove the home heating credit from my state return i messed up and it wont let me take it off

Sign in to your tax return, and click on State in the left-hand side of the page.  Go back through the STATE interview, and when you get to the question about the Home Heating credit, answer NO.  

If you still have a problem removing the credit, find and delete the related tax form.  For Michigan, it is MI-1040CR7.  You can find the list of forms by click on Tax Tools on the left side menu.  Then click 'Tools' and then 'Delete a Form'.  

latasia90
Returning Member

I followed the steps and tried to delete form and its not deleting. please  help

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

I would recommend that you log out of Turbo Tax, clear cookies on your browser, and log back in and go through the state return questions again.  

The only other option would be to delete the state, then add it and start the state all over again.  You can delete the state by choosing "State" from the left hand menu then choosing Delete on the right side of the State you wish to Delete.

I am including a link to the instructions to clear the cookies on your Internet Browser:  How to Clear Cookies on Your Browser.

Here is a Turbo Tax Link to Deleting your State so you can start it over again.  Deleting a State in Turbo Tax online

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
latasia90
Returning Member

Thank you for the information, so if I paid fees to turbo and already registered I cannot delete my 1040cr7 form. 

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

You are correct, if you have paid for the State, you won't be able to delete it.  

You could Clear & Start the entire return over, (Tax Tools/ Clear & Start Over) or if you have purchased the Turbo Tax Live Product you can call in and get assistance over the phone.  The phone agents would be able to log in with you and help you make the necessary changes to the form.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So im dealing with this for my 2020 taxes! Do you remember what you did or what the outcome was? I cannot finish my taxes because it won't let me send my state through until I do this form but I missed the deadline and also I dont really care for the extra credit. What the heck do I do?! I also tried deleting it but it wouldn't let me because my federal already went through.

Ok... let me see if I have this right ... you have just efiled your federal return ???    And it is still pending ???

If so then the return is LOCKED  until the federal return is either accepted or rejected.  Until then you cannot make ANY changes in the program.  This is a safety feature for your benefit.

What does "Pending" mean?

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns.

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24–48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

Keep calm and check back

Until your state or the IRS processes your return,  you may hear there's "no record found." That actually means the return's still being processed. Just check back in a few days.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies