kelskruse

Shouldn't I file an extension for Maryland to be consistent with my Federal extension, even though it looks like I am getting a $20 state refund?

I will be paying estimated taxes of close to $1100 to the Feds, so will follow through on that. But wanted to be consistent with State, especially if I end up owing to the state when I get a chance to review thoroughly.

KarenJ

According to MD Tax website, you can (1) request an extension if you did not file a federal extension or (2)  if you do owe additional state tax and need an extension of time to file, you must ifile or file Form PV by the due date and enclose a check or money order for the amount you expect to owe.

It does not give you the option to file a MD extension unless you did not file a federal extension.  I would finalize your return as soon as possible after April 15th if you cannot file before then.