diva-cna20

Should I report the mortgage interest that my husband paid from January to August that he passed away last August, his co-signer (his father) paid September to December?

Carl

I'm sorry for your loss. Assuming you are filing a joint return (you can, and should) then you can claim the mortgage interest and property taxes that were actually paid by him.

Him =  the Late Husband only?  
diva-cna20

Yes but his father as co signer did pay from September to December. He won’t show me the form 1098.. Can I be in trouble if I didn’t report mortgage interest from January to August?
Carl

Absolutely not. If audited, should not be a problem to prove who paid what, and when they paid it.