gomti089

Should I mail document and payment if there is a balance for tax when e-filing?

The last step says I'm required to mail one document regarding paying tax.

The title of document is 2016 Individual PFC Letter, and it seems to say I can pay tax via internet or mailing. In this case, can I just make a payment for tax via internet and not send mail the document with check?

The last step warned that tax return holds until I mail this document.. So, I'm confused.

IsabellaG

Yes, you can either pay your Indiana taxes online at the link provided in the 2016 Individual PFC Letter, or you can mail the letter with a check. If you pay online you don't have to mail the document. Or If you haven't e-filed your state return yet, you can choose to pay by direct debit with your return, and then you don't have to send in the document either.

IsabellaG