theonied

Should I file head of household ?

My husband and I got married in June and he was a non alien resident. He got his resident status in November and he has no income. We have a child who was born in May. How should I file?

Should I file head of household ?

Married filing jointly is almost always best.  You can't file as head of household unless you lived separately for all of the second half of the year.  If you file as married filing separately you can list your spouse as a personal exemption but the tax rates are usually higher and some deductions and credits are reduced or disallowed.

Should I file head of household ?