Should I enroll as an individual or a business when signing up to pay my estimated quarterly taxes as an independent contractor (1099) on the IRS website?

The IRS payment website makes you choose between individual and business when signing up for an account to make the estimated quarterly tax payments, and I'm not sure which I qualify as since I'm an independent contractor.

You should just sign up as an individual. It sounds like your a contractor reporting income and expenses on Schedule C which is just part of your individual return.