turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Short & Long-term Capital Gains from a Partnership Reporting

I have capital gains & losses reported on a K-1 (form 1065). They are listed on the K-1 under Box 11, code I.

I can't figure out how to carry this information over to Schedule D to line 5, column H (short-term) and line 12, column H (long-term)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Did you not check the appropriate box on the Enter Code I Detail screen (see screenshot)?

pp.png

Thanks..... it does get my capital gains (losses) over onto schedule D, but not on the exact line my K-1 is telling me to put the amounts on.  K-1 states the short-term gain (loss) amount should be on line 5 column H and turbotax is putting it on line 3 columns E & H, and the K-1 states the long-term gain (loss) should be on line 12 column H and turbotax is putting it on line 10 column D & H.  

At this point, I'm glad that it's on the schedule D and demonstrates that I made an honest attempt.  Should I be concerned that the amounts are on the wrong line?

Thanks for the fast response.....

@MrBolts wrote:

...K-1 states the short-term gain (loss) amount should be on line 5 column H and turbotax is putting it on line 3 columns E & H, and the K-1 states the long-term gain (loss) should be on line 12 column H and turbotax is putting it on line 10 column D & H.  

Not that it matters much in your case, but the amounts would be on the lines your K-1 indicated if they were reported on Lines 8 and 9a on your K-1. Rather, they appear to have been reported as other income on Line 11(I). 

Thanks for your guidance....  very much appreciate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies