Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TerriV

Am I permitted to let my daughter use the software to file? She is not a dependent and does not live at the same address as me. If not, how are the 5 free files a benefit

Turbo Tax states it includes 5 Federal e-files. What is the benefit of this when I read in the agreement that I can't allow a third party to use my software. I am specifically wanting to let my non-dependent daughter use the software to file her taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

Am I permitted to let my daughter use the software to file? She is not a dependent and does not live at the same address as me. If not, how are the 5 free files a benefit

Yes, your daughter can use the software to prepare her income tax return.  Up to 5 returns can be prepared and filed using your software.  Our license agreement doesn't allow the use of TurboTax for commercial or professional tax preparation. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TerriV

What is the best way for me to get the software to her? I purchased the CD this year rather than the on-line software. Thank you
AlanT
Expert Alumni

What can I do to be more helpful?  Where does your daughter live?
TerriV

She lives in another city in Wisconsin

Mail the CD to her
TerriV

Thank you, but is this from Alan at TurboTax? I think TurboTax might have a better solution.
AlanT
Expert Alumni

bsch4477 gave the best solution.  You would either have to take it to her or mail it.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies