Sch C, sale of a depreciable asset

In Turbotax Home & Business 2018, for a Schedule C, where do I enter the sale of a depreciable asset? THis will be a section 1231 gain with section 1245 depreciation recapture. Thanks.

Sch C, sale of a depreciable asset

Work through the asset in the assets section and on the screen that presents the option for "I sold or otherwise disposed of this asset" select that option and finish working it through.

If this is rental property that you owned and depreciated, understand that rental income/expenses, including the sale of the property is not reported on SCH C. It's reported on SCH E and the same guidance as above applies for reporting the sale in the SCH E section of the program.

Sch C, sale of a depreciable asset

If the selection is not "I sold or otherwise disposed of this asset", then it will be "I stopped using this asset". So select whichever option presents itself and just work it through.

Sch C, sale of a depreciable asset

Thanks for your reply. I will do that although at the moment it does not look like TurboTax 2018 has opened those screens as IRS has not yet issued the appropriate forms.

Sch C, sale of a depreciable asset

I need to amend my 2017 return to record.  it is for depreciable assets (rental houses).  I am not sure how to proceed