turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

maner

Return is rejected because of form 2210

To puckelmtttb: Is it still being rejected for the same exact reason?
vhkurc

It continues to be rejected repeatedly
maner

This probably has nothing to do with the problem ... but ... restart TT and allow it to update

Good suggestion, but I've done that and there is no update.
macnaz
Returning Member

In response to puckelmttb and maker's comments subsequent to my previous post (whereby I, also did not have a"penalty due":  Did you happen to "check" the Item "C" Box (referencing "..to have IRS figure penalty and send a bill if penalty due" in the Item's list present at the very top of Form 2010 (above "Part I".  I only mention this, as, in my case, my Tax Forms were only "Accepted" after I ADDED this additional step (in addition to the same steps you indicated in your post).  NOTE: I am not necessarily recommending that "Item C" be checked, as it seems to imply that IRS might mail a bill if a penalty is due---which may take a long period of time (during which you're wondering if you might have any unknown surprise bills arriving).  In hindsight, I think I should have waited for the apparent upcoming, formal  "fix" that TurboTax is supposed to be implementing later this week--in order to properly eliminate the Form 2210, altogether, in cases where an "underpayment penalty" is not applicable--- ands NOT adding anything else to worry about after filing the Tax Returns.
vhkurc

You are right...it has nothing to do with the problem.  I have started TT from closed, rebooted computer. installed from fresh copy of TT provided by TT's support people and all have the same rejection for the same reason.
vhkurc

Did someone suggest that there is an upcoming, formal  "fix" that TurboTax is supposed to be implementing later this week?  If so, what is the estimated date for this fix.  I want to start holding my breath in anticipation.
macnaz
Returning Member

vhkurc:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180</a>  In response to your post, attached is the link to the post regarding the TurboTax update(s) that seem to indicate an "update" may be available 2-22-2019.  In addition it appears ( and, somewhat encouraging!) that many of the posts, this afternoon, relating to "Form 2210" issues are now being addresses/responded to by TurboTax representatives.  Hope this helps!

If TT would read the instructions for line 6 after it says don't include estimated tax payments, the instruction say include line 72 of Schedule 5 which is a total for several payments and includes the estimated tax payments. If TT could get line 72 included in the total for line 6, the problem should go away.
rtodaro01

I just tried it with clicking the explanation button on B and it was still rejected.  I qualify under the 85% rule.  TT please update ASAP!
eagletix

I should add that another intermediate step I took in attempting to resolve the issue besides those described above was to manually download "updates" from the TT site, rather than relying on the fact that the program repeatedly told me it was up to date. I have no idea whether that was a significant step in finally getting my return successfully efiled.

Again, it didn't work for me. I fee like I'm trying to score against Lew Alcindor
kegifford

I'm in the same boat lawrence.  We need TT  involvement for this one......
kpry209

Why haven't we heard a peep from TT? What's their problem?
kpry209

We are talking among ourselves and TT is not listening or don't care that next year their sales plummet
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies