Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

candyzim

Reset credit card authorization

How do i reset my credit card authorization
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ozgad

resetting the credit card authorization is a very cumbersome and time consuming process.  It is a 2 step process, the first step is getting in touch with someone at turbo tax and after they put you on hold for 20 min or so while they press a few buttons they resume the call with you and inform you that you have to call Pay 1040 at 888-658-5465.  Now, once you wait on hold for about 30 min for Pay 1040 to answer they can usually complete the second step without too much difficulty unless you have an American Express card, then it becomes somewhat more problematic. Pay 1040 as the vendor will have to call AMEX and authorize AMEX to release the hold they have on the original amount.  As I type this it is 2:24 am on 4/19/17 and I've been trying to get mine reset since 10:25 pm on 4/18/17.  This information isn't in the Turbo Tax message system but it should be.  In fact, I don't even understand why this needs to be done, however, if it is required somewhere then Intuit should streamline the process by creating a link to click on the initiate step one at Intuit, once step one is complete the instructions to call Pay 1040 should be made available.  If this process were automated I seriously doubt I would have been working on this for over 4 hours. 

nmatthews

Wow, what a nightmare, after reading this I decided to change my credit card, which worked without all the hassle.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies