Reporting income sale of vacant land in 2019 on fo...

wmblakesr

Reporting income sale of vacant land in 2019 on form 1099-S

I sold vacant in Henderson,NV 2019 and the sell was completed 12/20/2019.  Fidelity Title Company of Nevada finalized the sale and sent the proceeds to us.  The 1099-S was received in January 2020 and I need help in completing this document in my Turbo Tax return.

To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to investment sales

On the next screen, click Yes

On the next screen, click No

On the next screen, choose Land and continue with the section until it completes.

canoe

in the instructions below it states: Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)

I am using Home and Business but can't find where Federal Taxes is located, so can't click on it.

thanks

@canoe wrote:

thanks

If you are using the Home & Business edition, you do not see a Personal tab at the top of the desktop screen?