turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099-MISC from the Corporation for National and Community Service. I am assuming this is from my work with AmeriCorps. Has anyone else dealth with this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099-MISC from the Corporation for National and Community Service. I am assuming this is from my work with AmeriCorps. Has anyone else dealth with this?

Report the Corporation of National and Community Service 1099-MISC on line 21 of your 1040. The TurboTax location will be Less Common Income, Miscellaneous Income ( the last income item). Then select Other reportable Income. Enter the description 'Americorps 1099-MISC' and the amount. The amount will flow to line 21 on your 1040. 

Because the award is taxable income, any tuition, fees, books, and supplies paid with the amount is eligible for education credits.  If your Segal Award is reported on both the 1098-T and the 1099-MISC, enter the 1099-MISC as directed above.  When completing your education section, indicate that you did NOT receive a 1098-T and you will be able to enter your expenses without the form.  Do not enter the taxable amount of the Segal Award.

See TurboTaxBarb's answer below for reference.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3148682-how-to-account-for-1099-misc-from-americorps-education-awa...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
palypau

Under 'other reportable income' is says "do NOT enter income reported on 1099-MISC"... where do we report it then?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies