Reopen my application.

Reopen my application.

I accidentally completed the application, but I need to fill out the information for my w-2.

Reopen my application.

If you filed your return then you will need to see if your return gets accepted or rejected. 

• If your return has been rejected by the IRS, all you will have to do is make the changes on your return and refile.
  • If your return has been already accepted by the IRS, you will have to file an amended return (1040X) to make changes. But you might want to wait until your refund or payment is processed. The IRS will only accept amended returns via mail.

The 1040X form for 2019 hasn't been approved yet by IRS. Please, keep checking the following information on how to amend your return; it will be updated once the 2019 form is released:

FAQ How to amend a tax return

If you haven't filed then follow the steps below to add a W-2:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “W-2”
  3. Click on “Jump to W-2” and you should see the “Here's your W-2 info” screen
  4. Click on "Add another W-2"

Reopen my application.

Correction

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Reopen my application.

@sammygarza How can we assist you?

Reopen my application.

Correction on tax returns how can I reopen and fix 

Reopen my application.

If you have already filed your return, you will now need to file an amended return to correct the original. If you have not filed your return, you simply need to reopen the program and make whatever corrections you wish.

To amend your return you will need to wait until the IRS has accepted your original return before filing the amendment. If you are to receive a refund, wait until you receive it before filing the amended return. If you owed the IRS money, then wait for your payment to clear. 

For TurboTax Online, simply login to your account and select “Amend a return that was filed and accepted.” If you used our CD/download product, sign back into your return and select “Amend a filed return.

You can find out more about amending a return here.

@sammygarza