You can remove Jacob from your TurboTax data by following these steps in TurboTax:
- While in your Tax Home,
- Select Personal Info,
- Select Review/Edit,
- Scroll down until you see Jacob,
- Select theTrash Can next to his name.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
No one has access to your return, you have to make the changes. If you have not filed your return, you can go back and remove Jacob. If your return has been filed & accepted, you would need to amend your return.
- In your return, click on Personal Info tab.
- Your Personal Info Summary will display.
- On the Personal Info Summary screen, your dependents are listed just below your filing status.
- Click on the Delete button for the dependent which you wish to delete.
No one can do anything to your your tax return for you. No one else has access to your return. If you have NOT e-filed and you need to remove a dependent, then go to My Info to delete the dependent yourself.
If you already e-filed you will have to amend the return after it has been fully processed if you need to remove a dependent.