Solved: Rejected with correct agi

johnaquina91

Rejected with correct agi

I keep getting my return rejected because my agi doesn't match last years. It was carried over from last years turbo tax. I pulled up that return and the number matches. That return was filed on time last year.How do I correct this?

Rejected with correct agi

If you have correctly entered the 2016 AGI as shown on the 2016 tax return that was filed and accepted by the IRS and your 2017 tax return continues to be rejected by the IRS for an incorrect AGI, then the problem is with the IRS database for 2016 AGI's.  This is not uncommon and you will not be able to correct the problem.  The tax return will have to be printed and mailed to the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the procedure to print a tax return for mailing when using the desktop CD/Download editions for Windows - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1943980-how-do-i-print-and-mail-a-return-in-the-turbotax-for-windo...

Rejected with correct agi

ejb5729

Rejected with correct agi

I am having the same issue. However, my state only allows for us to e-file, printed returns are not accepted. How should I go about filing?

Rejected with correct agi

Your state will allow the state return to be printed and mailed if the software you are using will not support an e-filed state tax return.
melAOPdiver

Rejected with correct agi

I received my 2017 transcript that shows my Adjusted gross income as $13,282.00 but my tax filing still gets rejected with incorrected AGI data from Federal.

macuser_22

Rejected with correct agi

@melAOPdiver wrote:

That is entirely possible if 1) you filed late in 2017 and the AGI never got to the IRS e-file AGI database, or 2) the IRS database is wrong, as is often is.

The only option is to print and mail the tax return.  There is no way to get the IRS to modify or correct a data base error.

Rejected with correct agi

Try using 0 for the AGI.  If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail it this year.  

When did you file 2017? If it was late in the year try putting in zero for the AGI and see,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

David66

Rejected with correct agi

Wouldn't putting a 0 for the 2017 AGI when the amount is actually something else constitute a false filing?  Has the IRS approved this method for correcting their database rejection?

Rejected with correct agi

It's not false.  If you filed 2017 late in the year like after Sept the IRS won't have the AGI in the right database so you have to put zero.   And if you haven't filed 2017 yet then of course it's zero now.  It's just to verify you to the IRS.  Even if you filed a 2017 return on time but amended it later you would use the original AGI.  

Did you see this FAQ?  

macuser_22

Rejected with correct agi

@David66 

@David66 wrote:

The AGi you enter is NOT part of your tax return.   It is simply to identify you to the IRS e-file system by matching the 2017 AGI with what they have stored in their database.   If you filed late in 2017 then they have nothing in the database so zero is the correct amount.

erniepj

Rejected with correct agi

My e-file 2018 Federal Tax was rejected several times after I had checked my 2017 AGI and found it to be accurate.  TurboTax even automatically entered the correct number.  The key was finding out that filing an extension causes your AGI to be zero in the IRS database.  I entered zero for my AGI and Voila!  It was accepted!  This should help a lot of people out, saving much inconvenience of having to print out and physically  mailing to the IRS.  Thanks for the info!!!

macuser_22

Rejected with correct agi

@erniepj - Filing  an extension does not cause your AGI to be zero in the IRS database - filing *late* (after the April 15 due date) whether or not an extension was filed causes that years AGI not to get entered into the database so it is zero.

Savageeyes

Rejected with correct agi

Rejected with correct agi

@Savageeyes    Your post is blank.  Do you have a question?

Savageeyes

Rejected with correct agi

Yes I need them done bye Friday. Can I get help