Solved: Rejected return due to wrong year birth for one of my dependents

juanetoomatador

Rejected return due to wrong year birth for one of my dependents

My return was rejected because I put the wrong year of birth for one of my dependents. I put 2015 instead of 2016. I went back in and updated the year and refiled, but when I downloaded PDF return it still showed 2015 even though I updated it in the SSN section. Please help!

TeresaM

If you changed the entries and are printing to be sure they are correct before you e-file again:

After you make changes to your tax return, the "Download/print pdf" on your Tax Home page does not update right away.

Follow these steps to print a copy of your updated return with your updates/changes:

· Sign In to your tax return and click "Take me to my return"

· In the left side panel, select Tax Tools, the select Print Center

Printing directly from the Print Center will give you the most up-to-date copy of your return including any changes you have made.

TeresaM