turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

@dayna1127 I tried filing last night and got the rejection from federal and state with the same error code, and the info on the code lists the known bug fix date of march 17th.  I am not sure why your second attempt didn't also reject, and seems to be sitting in la-la-land, but if there is a way to cancel/withdraw a submission I would do so if i were you, and then refile after the 17th.

My wife is also having issues, but she is not the one claiming our child.  She submitted and its pending so we too are waiting to see if it rejects, so we can amend it and resubmit.  We've both been very confused, frustrated, and not happy but don't take offense, its good in some way to know we are not alone.  I was thinking we may just manually ez file and not let turbo tax or the federal system cause us these issues that should not be occurring.  Good luck

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

The IRS e-file system is falsely rejecting certain returns with this code.  A fix is scheduled for March 17.  I would not try and delete the form or change anything because, if you end up filing an incorrect return just to get it through the system, you’ll have bigger problems down the road.  

Has anyone tried again? Having the same problem here. I called the IRS and was told that there was no guidance on this issue and that I should just mail in the returns. I'm waiting until 3/17 to see if there's a fix, first.

Here we are on 3/17/19. Tried to e-file again and was rejected. I guess I’ll just mail it in. So frustrating.

@kylerzander i believe the irs message was the fix is available after the 17th, so technically tomorrow not today. I'm waiting til tomorrow but if it doesn't work ill be mailing too.
jlbarde

Unfortunately I can't mail since they won't start processing mailed returns for months and I need my return for my student loan paperwork this month. This is super frustrating.

I've had the same error all of you describe. I just went back in just now, completely deleted the form and re-entered all info. I filed with the form, all correctly filled out, and the error which states 'the "EligibilityRequirementMetInd" must be checked'.... well the dang box was STILL NOT CHECKED... And there is no way to manually check it. To be fair, I don't think it should be checked - but the IRS is wrongly coming up with error because the box isn't checked. So THAT is the whole issue. I e-filed again, but am expecting a rejection note here soon... so annoying. The notes did say "ON OR AFTER APRIL 17TH" so the bug should have been fixed for us all to file today...

UPDATE to the above...everything was rejected again.
anon-js

I guess I will wait until tomorrow....

Same. Rejected again. Sad and glad to see others are having this same issue. The only good news is this is an error on the IRS side that they have acknowledged in their "Known Issues" with e-file for 2018 <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/known-issues-and-solutions">https://www.irs.gov/e-file-provider...>. Open the 2018 file and you can search in the form column for form 2441 and see there are two entries acknowledging this error and the supposed fix for today, March 17. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Maybe since it's Sunday, it will work on Monday. Who knows.

I'm going to wait a couple days and try to e-file one more time. If not, I am just going to have to mail the return :(.
jlbarde

@lauren.helming  FYI - for the IBR I think I am going to file a paper tax return and then file a paper IBR certification with my paper tax return as documentation. I am hoping that works for them to use my AGI, not my gross (which is what they use if you do pay stubs).
maweiler
Returning Member

March 18th and this is still rejecting!!!  When will this be fixed?

@Lauren.helming, They have actually gotten better about using more of an AGI-like number on paystubs. I paid on my gross wages a few years ago when I submitted a paystub, but last year, they gave me credit for payroll pre-tax deductions (401(k), FSA) when determining my monthly payment. I was really confused when my payment was so low, that I even called to confirm it. Who knows if that's the norm or I just got lucky, but it may be better than it was before with this.
anon-js

Did anyone get it working today? Did anyone's TT update and have a successful try?
pmigli01

No luck.  This is an error in IRS's system.  I get the following message from TurboTax:

If filing status of the return if Married Filing Separately and Form 2441 'CreditForChildAndDepdCareAmt' has a non-zero value, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd' must be checked.

Due to a processing error on Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, this return cannot be electronically filed.  There is a value on form 2441, line 25, which is incorrectly causing this reject.  The value is correct and should not be modified or deleted

At this tie, there is no estimated resolution date for this problem.  Your options are as follows:

1) You may print this return and file by mail.
or
2) You may wait a few days, and resubmit the return for electronic filing.  If the reject continues, you will need print and file this return by mail.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies