• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcbttonline

Registration won't complete. says call 800 number. that didn't help. need a real person

When clicking 'continue' after filling out registration page, so as to file return, an error message says 'can't complete purchase' (I wasn't purchasing anything .. previous page showed $0 owed). Calling the 800 number didn't help either. Next?
3 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Registration won't complete. says call 800 number. that didn't help. need a real person

Try clearing your cache and restarting your browser to see if this helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jos99

I had a similar issue when I tried filling out my forms last week I got to the end and it said registration wasn't complete because a couple forms were 100% up to date. A couple things: 

1) I was missing some Windows 10 updates for .NET which is required by TurboTax

2) My Turbo Tax Updater wasn't updating at the time, even after I took the Windows 10 updates. I even did a TT reinstall.

3) I read somewhere that you can't file before 1/29/20 (today).

I don't know which of the above (or if you need all) but I was able to update Turbo Tax and submit my forms as of today.

CassLO
Expert Alumni

Please see the FAQ below for Registration assistance:

Error: Cannot complete download at this time, please try again later.

Also some forms may not be available yet:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v