Recovery rebate credit

Recovery rebate credit

How do I apply for the recovery rebate credit for the $600 that is being deposited. I have a different bank account than the one I had when receiving the first stimulus package and need to change this

Recovery rebate credit

you should get a paper check.  

Recovery rebate credit

The IRS is only issuing the $600 second payment until January 15. You may receive a check, in which case you can check the IRS website to see when it is issued. (it may take a while to be delivered, of course.)   If no check is issued to you by January 15, you will claim the rebate on your 2020 tax return. The IRS has released a draft version of form 1040 to include the second stimulus payment as well as the first stimulus payment. It will probably take a couple of weeks for that to be fully implemented in TurboTax, so don’t be in a hurry to file this year.