• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akretired3

"Received 1099-MISC this year in my wife's name, she passed away in 2015, do I put it on my tax form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Level 7

"Received 1099-MISC this year in my wife's name, she passed away in 2015, do I put it on my tax form?

Yes, include the income from Form 1099-MISC on your tax return. Since this was associated with a utility coop, be sure you enter the income in the same box as it appears on the 1099.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Level 7

Was this income for the current tax year? or for a prior year? What filing status did you use last year? Was this income for a shared business?
akretired3

This year, generated when I change the name on the local phone utility account (utility is a coop).Last year I filed as single.
PatriciaV
Level 7

Yes, include the income from Form 1099-MISC on your tax return. Since this was associated with a utility coop, be sure you enter the income in the same box as it appears on the 1099.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v