Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax status says Waiting to mail, have I completed everything I needed to?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Michelena

Ready to mail, refers to you printing your return, and mailing it in if you don't efile. You will want to verify if you chose the efile option or mail in option to avoid and delays.

If you have not yet filed your return, you will need to go back through your return and click on the File screen. 

1. In TurboTax Online, you will sign into your account and click Taxes>My Tax Timeline
  2. From your 2015 Tax Timeline select Add a State (you aren't really adding one this is just a way to open your return)
  3. Select the File tab.
  4. If you've gone through all of the steps on the <your name>, just one more step and we'll file your returns screen, click the Prepare to send button.
  5. On the Here are your filing choices screen, make sure E-file is selected.  If not, click the I'd like to change filing methods and select E-file from the pop up window.
  6. Continue through the filing screens until you have transmitted your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Michelena

Ready to mail, refers to you printing your return, and mailing it in if you don't efile. You will want to verify if you chose the efile option or mail in option to avoid and delays.

If you have not yet filed your return, you will need to go back through your return and click on the File screen. 

1. In TurboTax Online, you will sign into your account and click Taxes>My Tax Timeline
  2. From your 2015 Tax Timeline select Add a State (you aren't really adding one this is just a way to open your return)
  3. Select the File tab.
  4. If you've gone through all of the steps on the <your name>, just one more step and we'll file your returns screen, click the Prepare to send button.
  5. On the Here are your filing choices screen, make sure E-file is selected.  If not, click the I'd like to change filing methods and select E-file from the pop up window.
  6. Continue through the filing screens until you have transmitted your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies