turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your instructions say to use Form 8453 to send my 1099B's to the IRS ,but the 8453 form says only to use it if submitting the documents listed.1099B is not listed. Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your instructions say to use Form 8453 to send my 1099B's to the IRS ,but the 8453 form says only to use it if submitting the documents listed.1099B is not listed. Help?

That makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

but form 8949 is listed and that's the one you check. the last one on the form. each security sales not classified as type A or D must be entered on form 8949 also any classified as A or D but having adjustments must also be reported on form 8949. be sure to follow instructions for form 8453

If you are filing your tax return using an online provider, mail Form 8453 to the IRS within 3 business days after you have received acknowledgement from your intermediate service provider and/or transmitter that the IRS has accepted your electronically filed tax return. If you don’t receive an acknowledgement, you must contact your intermediate service provider and/or transmitter. Mail Form 8453 to:

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254

That makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you very much.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies