Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Enter 1095-c form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EricC

Enter 1095-c form

You don't need to enter the information from this form anywhere in TurboTax.  It is just for informational purposes.  You can refer to this article for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2920031-what-s-a-form-1095-c

View solution in original post

18 Replies
EricC

Enter 1095-c form

You don't need to enter the information from this form anywhere in TurboTax.  It is just for informational purposes.  You can refer to this article for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2920031-what-s-a-form-1095-c

James W

Enter 1095-c form

Good to know.

19mark56
Returning Member

Enter 1095-c form

I did receive a 1095-C so I clicked yes on the question but from there it went goofy so I went back and changed my response and checked no. I don't get a refund so the delay warning I assume means nothing?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Enter 1095-c form

@19mark56

If you received a 1095-C and you removed this information from your federal return after accidentally entering it in the 1095-A section, then you took the correct approach. Any delays in return processing in this context pertain to 1095-A forms. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Enter 1095-c form

Received a 1095-A form market place. Unbeknownst to me, my employers offered health insurance that was the minimum and affordable and issued me a 1095-C that the plan was offered and I declined it. I am told in this situation I have to return the advanced premium tax credit(APTC). Since TurboTax ignores the 1095-C from consideration, how do I go about completing the 1095-A APTC and how do I return it?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Enter 1095-c form

Only the 1095-A needs to be entered on your return from insurance purchased through the marketplace. If you received a different 1095 form, such as one from employer benefits, you do not need to enter anything on your return. It is for your records only.

If you purchased insurance through the marketplace and received a 1095-A, that must still be reported on your return.This will calculate the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Follow these steps:

• Click on Deductions & Credits under Federal
  • Under the menu for Medical, click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  • Answer Yes indicating that you have the form to enter
  • Complete the information on the next screen to match your form and click continue
RJNOVOTNY

Enter 1095-c form

During the federal review process I am being asked to complete a 1095-A form.

I do not receive one of these.

How do I delete the question in the system?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Enter 1095-c form

1095-A is for those with Obamacare or Marketplace insurance. If you answered yes to having marketplace insurance, the program wants the information. The 1095-A is a required tax document for those with marketplace insurance. Please review your healthcare answers and then you can see How to Delete 

@RJNOVOTNY

KIKI123

Enter 1095-c form

PLEASE SEND  ME  1095-C,

Enter 1095-c form

@KIKI123 wrote:

PLEASE SEND  ME  1095-C,

A Form 1095-C is provided by your employer.  It is not entered on a tax return.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Enter 1095-c form

Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage comes from your employer.  Please contact them.

@KIKI123

Enter 1095-c form

I'm still confused on this.  I have a form 1095-c, got flagged on review, clicked to enter on form 1095-a, but then removed form.  

Do I need to prove health ins from employer, even if retired?  HOW??? 

Enter 1095-c form

@bocaBill wrote:

I'm still confused on this.  I have a form 1095-c, got flagged on review, clicked to enter on form 1095-a, but then removed form.  

Do I need to prove health ins from employer, even if retired?  HOW??? 

A Form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.  There is no question on the federal tax return to verify that you have health insurance.

The Form 1095-A is ONLY reported on the federal tax return if you have health insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges  (ACA) and received a 1095-A.

Enter 1095-c form

Did you mean 1095-C   (employer)

no question about health insurance in 2020?   -trump changed this?  

(and thanks for the quick reply)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies